Church isn’t somewhere we go. The church is who we are.
- Greet also the church in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in Asia.T( Ro 16:5.)
Church isn’t built by pastor or leaders. The church is built by the Spirit of Jesus working through each of us.
- And when they had appointed elders for them in every church, with prayer and fasting they committed them to the Lord in whom they had believed. (Ac 14:23.)
- So with yourselves, since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church. (1 Co 14:12.)
13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” (Mt 16:13–19)
Church isn’t a place of judgement. The church is a place of healing.
- Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. (Jas 5:13–16.)
Church isn’t a denominational affiliation. The church is the pillar and foundation of truth.
- This (The Household of God) is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of the truth. (1 Ti 3:15., NLT)